Fees & Payment
Making a decision to seek help is a big step. For this reason, I offer a free telephone consultation (approx. 15-20 minutes), so that you can become more familiar with my services and treatment areas. This time will also be used for us to explore your therapeutic needs and presenting issues/symptoms. This will assist me in determining if the services I provide, my treatment areas and areas of specialty, and my therapeutic style are a fit for your needs and presenting issues/symptoms.
The standard fee for my individual therapy services is $195/session. This is my cash rate (for clients not presenting with insurance). If you are presenting with an insurance that I accept, your co-payment or portion of cost will be determined by your specific insurance plan. I will gather insurance information from you during our initial phone consultation, in order to determine what your specific benefits and eligibility are.
Payment is due at the time of service. I accept the following forms of payment:
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for some insurance plans and cash pay
Information regarding insurance reimbursement for clients with PPOs is provided below. If you are a cash pay client, there are some benefits of choosing this option, as opposed to requesting reimbursement from your insurance company. Here are a few:
- You will have the flexibility to work with me in determining your number of therapy sessions
- You will not have to submit paperwork to your insurance company, listing a diagnosis and treatment plan
- You can choose how you would like to disclose information regarding your treatment to other parties (e.g., when applying to other insurance companies in the future)
I am an in-network provider for the following insurances:
- Adventist Risk Management
- Aetna (EAP, HMO, POS, PPO)
- Aetna Signature Administrators
For clients using their PPO coverage:
If you have one of the insurance plans listed above, please call to check if I am in network for your PPO coverage. If I am not in network with your PPO plan and you would still like to use your insurance to cover the costs of your sessions, please note that I will be identified as an "out-of-network" provider by your insurance company. I will not bill your insurance directly. Instead, after each session, I can create a superbill for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement (per your request).
If you decide to activate your insurance for reimbursement, please note that some types of coverage do not reimburse for out-of-network providers. Others do reimburse, but only partially. It is your responsibility to investigate this option with your insurance company prior to your first visit with me. Here are some standard questions that you can ask your insurance company representative about your reimbursement options:
- Do I have mental health coverage under my current health insurance plan?
- Does my mental health coverage include reimbursement for out-of-network providers?
- What is the amount or percentage of reimbursement?
- How many therapy sessions, and what type of therapy (e.g., individual, couple's, family) does my insurance cover?
- Which out-of-network therapists (e.g., psychologists, LMFTs) can I visit in order to be reimbursed?
- Is there an out-of-network deductible that needs to be met for my mental health coverage?
As with other appointments in life, there may be a time when you will have to cancel a therapy session. If this occurs, I ask that you please contact me 24 hours in advance (24 full hours prior to your appointment time), so that I can offer the appointment time to another client. The full session fee is charged for late cancellations (those made less than 24 hours in advance), unless the cancellation is due to a true emergency.
How can one live without growing? How can one grow without healing? Call today: 951.291.7080
The Psychological Services
Chyneitha Cook, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Teletherapy services are provided to clients in any city or county, in the state of California.
1661 N. Raymond Ave., Suite 214 Anaheim, CA 92801
(Near Cal State Fullerton)
Dr. Cook offers teletherapy services for adult residents of Orange County (Anaheim, Fullerton, Brea, Yorba Linda, La Habra, Irvine, Orange, Newport Beach, Westminster, Fountain Valley) and throughout the state of California. Psychoeducation and other mental health information is provided at appointments to assist clients as they progress through the stages of their therapy. The links and information presented on this website are for informational purposes only. They are not meant to be used to diagnose any particular condition or disorder. The information presented here is also not meant to replace the professional opinion and advice of your physician. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms discussed and you are in need of immediate assistance, please call 911 or visit the emergency room of your local hospital.
Copyright © 2012-2022 Chyneitha Cook, Psy.D. All rights reserved.
- Superbill for PPO Plans (reimbursement)
- United HealthCare (UHC|UBH)